Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I started this morning having not been to sleep because I am all screwed up with the time.  I was told to be outside at 8 and when I walked to the van it was full of 15yr old girls that only spoke Turkish.  They eventually found the assistant coach for me, and I went to another room and had breakfast.  After breakfast, I went to a Turkish hospital to get a "physical". I met the team doctor and he took my blood and that was it.  Usually I would have "showed up and showed out" but there was a group of students watching so I decided to act my age!  I then went to get my picture taken, and now I am back at my room for hopefully a nap until I have to go to the airport with the assistant coach to pick up a teammate and then practice.  The most entertaining part of riding around the city is the assistant coach.  I never have any idea where we are going, but we just drive around, come to a stop and he says "Kimber, let's go!"  This has become a ritual and I just follow,nod my head and smile!

6 comments:

  1. hmmm....looks tasty, kimber. I kinda like that name. Nothing will ever replace Kim-I-M, but Kimber runs a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.k. kimmie lets see if this works. its my third try and I am not happy that I am not posting.

    Adana looks really pretty. Have you learned any Turkish words yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you are posting sooo many pics...u have finally realized i dont enjoy reading! yay!! wat to keep me interested kimber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay mom congrats!I knew you could do it little cookie!Turkish is probably the hardest language in the universe!The assistant coach tries to get me to say words but its sooooo hard I dont even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, auntie! Kim-I-M I have much faith in your ability to learn a totally new language! You can come back and teach us all a thing or three!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its 11:15 p.m. and I am about to go to bed. Would try and stay up and see the New Year but I am thinking it will look pretty much the same to me in the morning. Robin, Lauren and Brittany will do enough partying for me!!! Happy New Year Kim.

    ReplyDelete