Friday, January 2, 2009

I had a better start today than I did yesterday!  Although I didn't sleep a single minute, I did eat breakfast!  Our first practice was at ten, and this time I was better prepared for the cold gym.  I didn't get tired today and I played pretty well.  The translator was not there for the first practice, which made for an interesting practice, but one of the Turkish girls went to college in the states so she helped.  I learned two things today...1-that Ceyhan is pronounced "Jay-han", and I also learned how to flick somebody off in Turkish after I did it on accident in the huddle at the end of practice.  Don't worry nobody revolted or jumped me, so all is well.  Since I didn't sleep, I was hoping in between practices I was going to get a solid nap.  That was not the case because I had to go back to the Turkish hospital and get an EKG and run other errands which left me with a 45min nap that only made me cranky and more tired.  The EKG, as you can imagine, was very different from the ones in America.  Imagine huge laundry pins on my ankles and wrist, and these weird suction cup things on my chest.  Anyways after running around the city, with a bus driver who drives like he is from New York, and my 45min nap it was time for our scrimmage against the guys.  Tell me why these guys were all huge and playing like it was the NBA championship?!  Other than that the scrimmage went well, and as soon as I got back I hit the bed and napped for hours!  The last American just got here and she seems cool.  We only have one practice tomorrow at 2, and I think the other Americans and I are going to Adana for some waffles or something that is supposed to be really good.  Overall, good and tiring day!

6 comments:

  1. All seems well to me. Wonder if the waffles tomorrow will taste like Waffle House?!?
    Try and get some rest.
    Love Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be adjusting well honeybun! Let us know how the waffle trip works out. Like Mom said, try and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay waffles! andddd how do u flip someone off in turkey....u never actually said how.....and im going to need you to learn so turkish words as well...you have been there for three days and you have yet to tell me how to say hello...goodbye...how are you...nothing! get it together girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like information on the flipping off. I wouldn't get in as much trouble in front of a class of students if it were the Turkish version. Maybe you could provide a photographic rendering for us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuzin... i laughed out loud twice whiel reading this. especially when u talked about your laundry pins on ur ankles and wrist. WAHO DAWWWW! no not quite. go head and let your cuzin know if you get hasbrowns with that. scatte smothered covered and chunked. who is the other AMerican?... and tara is right. teach me some words.. Ceyhan was a good one. pronoucing the name of the city is key. i sho wasnt sayin that thAng right. anywayz... flipping ur teammates off is not the way you gain friends. i bet they thought, as shyril beck would say " she a bigger fool than i thought she was"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im thinkin Im agreeing with everybody about the flippin folks off. We are gonna need you to have more than 3 friends and keep them while you there sugarlump!

    ReplyDelete